Friday, June 5, 2009

Random thoughts (Anna)

Random thoughts:

1) We have posted fifty posts!

2) Some friends bought Emma a squeaking "Sophie giraffe" (you know who you are). Before I continue, I will say that we all love Sophie the Giraffe and appreciate her presence in our home. However. We can guarantee that the minute that Emmy has gone to sleep, one of us will stand or sit on poor Sophie and she will let out a high-pitched squeak which wakes Emmy up every time. Tonight, I carefully removed Sophie from Emma's co-sleeper/bassinet before putting her down to sleep. I then lay down beside E while she dozed off. And THEN I ROLLED ONTO SOPHIE, WHO WAS IN EXACTLY THE LOCATION I MYSELF HAD JUST PUT HER. So Emmy is wide awake again, currently sitting on my lap while I type *sigh* So, thanks a bunch, L & N ;)

3) Emma has an uncanny knack of crying as soon as C and I are about to eat. Whether we are at home or in a restaurant, she can be playing happily or even asleep, but THE MINUTE the food is ready, she demands cuddles. So we do a lot of tag-team eating around here. And we eat a lot of cold meals. How is it possible for such a little human being to dictate so much of what goes on?

4) This might be too much information so skip this if you are skittish about bodily fluids...

Sometimes, it is possible to be too efficient for your own good. I just got up to change Emma's nappy after audio cues that she might need one. Sure enough, big poo. Major clean up. Clean nappy. Happy baby. Back to computer. More audio cues. More poo.Back to change table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers