An interesting, and quite profound, developmental shift in the past few weeks. Emma's pictures have gone from "scribbles" to being discernible images that don't require translation. The other day, she drew a school of fish in the ocean and the fish looked like fish, and the waves looked like the sea. I'm not sure if the developmental shift is her artistic ability or our capacities as art connoisseurs. Possibly, she's just moved through her impressionism stage into a realist phase.
Either way, it's a profound addition to our lines of communication.
The other fun thing at the moment is her absolute delight with letters of the alphabet. "Mummy-Mumma, I saw an E!!! An E for me!!!" "Mumma-Mummy, I saw an M!! I have 'm's in my name. And M starts with Mumma and Mumma, too!!!" She gets so excited. It's wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment